COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
1601 W. 11th Place
Big Spring, TX 79720
Scenic Mountain Medical Center is fully prepared to care for our patients and our community. Out of an abundance of caution, we have implemented visitor restrictions in response to the increased presence of COVID-19 in our community that is designed to further protect our patients, their families and our staff.
We remain ready to serve all of your health care needs and have taken the necessary steps to ensure patients can receive care in a safe environment. Our stringent safety measures include: mandatory wearing of masks, social distancing in waiting areas, and vigilant cleaning in all areas, which includes the use of EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectants validated for use against COVID-19. We also pre-screen all patients scheduled for procedures, and screen everyone before they enter the hospital.
The health and safety of our patients, visitors, employees, and our communities remain our top priority at Scenic Mountain Medical Center. Therefore, in line with the latest guidance provided by the CDC and the Texas Department of State Health related to COVID-19, we maintain a limited visitor policy in the following areas:
- Pediatric care: No more than 2 designated visitors per hospital stay.
- End-of-life: No more than 1 visitor at a time, limited to immediate family only. Family visitors must remain outside the facility until rotated in.
- Maternity and Labor and Delivery Units: No more than 2 designated visitors including labor partner per hospital stay.
- Nursery: No more than 2 designated visitors per hospital stay.
- Other extenuating circumstances, such as hospice and end-of-life care, will be considered based on the best interest and needs of the individual patient. All exceptions must be approved by the care team.
- Medical/Surgical: One adult visitor per stay.
- Telemetry: One adult visitor per stay.
- ICU: One adult visitor per stay.
- Patients with physical or intellectual disabilities: 1 support person over the age of 18 will be allowed during hospital stay. There are no restrictions on visiting hours for support persons.
- COVID: One visitor for adult COVID patients from 1pm-3pm daily. The designated visitor(s)will be for the entire stay. They cannot switch out visitor(s).
All patients who enter the hospital through available access points will be screened immediately upon arrival. Points of entrance will be limited to the ER entrance 24/7.
If you are not a provider working at our facility, a hospital employee, or seeking immediate medical attention, we ask that you avoid the hospital.
If you are experiencing a cough, fever, and/or shortness of breath or have been in direct contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please call your primary physician doctor’s office. Your physician will help determine whether you may come in for an appointment, or if you should stay at home and await further instruction.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we work to keep our community safe.
Everyone on Steward properties should have a mask on, including patients and visitors.