Ear, Nose & Throat
Scenic Mountain Medical Center’s board-certified otolaryngologist uses medical and surgical management and treatments for diseases and disorders of the ear, nose, throat, and related structures of the head and neck.
Our team works closely with each patient to meet their individual needs and develop personalized plans to help achieve better ear, nose, and throat health.
- Ear tubes and Myringotomy Tubes. This procedure is mostly performed on children and the placement of “tubes” in the ears can be helpful to anyone with chronic ear infections.
- Tympanoplasty. For those who have experienced a tear or perforation of the eardrum, this procedure repairs the tympanic membrane tear and reinstates the protective barrier to the middle ear. In some cases, it can even help improve hearing.
Nose and Sinus Procedures
- Septoplasty. A procedure designed to straighten the nose (both cartilage and bone) or to help relieve some type of nasal obstruction. The surgery helps treat chronic sinusitis, inflammation, bleeding or sleep apnea.
- Turbinate Reduction Surgery. This procedure is designed to decrease the size of the turbinates to help improve breathing through the nose.
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery. A procedure to help relieve nasal blockages, improve breathing, and even help with the sense of smell and taste.
Head And Neck Procedures
- Tonsillectomy. Removal of enlarged or chronically infected tonsils.
- Adenoidectomy. Sometimes during a tonsillectomy, adenoids are also removed if they are enlarged and block the nasal passage or if they block the tube that connects the middle ear to the back of the throat.
- Dizziness Testing (VNG)